Monday 3 June 2013

AJ Hackett Ledge Bungy

The AJ Hackett Ledge bungy is a very unique product to sell; not only due to its intangible nature but also the fact that it is the only bungy that will offer you amazing panoramic views of Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu.

However for this product this is not the only bonus you get for partaking in this bungy, you also get to jump off however you like. It can be flipping, doing a handstand or just doing the original swan dive. You even have the option to the jump in the light of day or even at night, making it very unique compared to other bungys.



The jump will cost $180, but for those of you who just can’t bring yourself to leap off a cliff there is the option of doing a swing where you are hanging over the edge and all you need to do is pull the pin holding you up to swing away. This option is slightly cheaper at $150. If you would like to find out more information about the Ledge bungy or Ledge swing or if you are interested in making a booking please visit their website here, Ledge bungy.

There are two main ways of transport to reach the Ledge bungy site. You can either walk up the Skyline Gondola track or you can pay for a Gondola ride. Personally I would prefer taking the Gondola as it gets you to the top much faster and is a lot easier. However for the more money conscious there is the option of walking. The track is reasonably steep but is manageable for anyone who is not physically injured or physically incapable. The Skyline Gondola on the other hand requires no fitness and most people can get on it. The prices for the Gondola are $26 for an adult $15 for a child and $74 for a family.

However if you were looking to a little more than a bungy while up there you can also buy package deals with a set number of luge rides. To find out any other information about further pricing or how to find their gondola site in Queenstown, please visit their website here, Skyline Gondola Queenstown.
My experience with Ledge bungy was one I will never forget. Prior to this jump I had done two bungys before; I had done the Taupo and Kawarau bungy. However this jump stood out to me as an experience I will never forget.

The staff were very friendly however instead of letting us jump in whatever order we liked which would have been nice we had to jump in weight order so that they could get us through as fast as possible. This made me feel like I was being herded and also gave me the impression that the staff didn’t want to be there. On the upper hand though when I was preparing to jump the staff asked if I would like to have the song that was playing in the jump hut changed to something more preferable. This made it seem like they were willing to do what it takes to make my experience with their company one of a kind.

The jump style I opted for was a gainer. This is a back flip while moving forwards and an example of this can be seen in my attached photo to the right. Jumping off the platform into the darkness was an experience like no other. I had no idea where I was going or where I was going to end up. All I could see was the lights of Queenstown glowing down the bottom of the hill. This added to my experience as it is an unbelievable view from the jump platform.

Once I had finished my jump I got given a free t-shirt as proof that I had done the bungy and got offered the option to buy a photo and video pack. Over all I found my experience with AJ Hackett Ledge bungy to be a positive one with the only negative point being the fact that I felt like as a group we were being herded through as fast as possible, making it seem like the staff did not want to be there.


This is an activity I would recommend to do while in Queenstown if you have the spare cash for it as it is very expensive. However if you’re looking at doing something a little more extreme there is the option of doing the Nevis Bungy with AJ Hackett as this is the highest bungy in the southern hemisphere being 134 metres high. This extra height and remote location does come at a cost however costing $260. If you require any further information about the Nevis bungy and Nevis swing please visit their website here Nevis bungy.


Please view my classmate Melissa's blog to hear about her experience with this company too. Or alternatively my other classmates Stephen and Corneille's experiences too.




No comments:

Post a Comment